Whole Health partners with many South Florida addiction treatment centers in their effort to fight the heroin and addiction epidemic.
This life saving partnership ensures that patients receive comprehensive medical care and can also significantly lower the treatment center’s administrative costs including Medical Director and medical support staff overhead. Also, in the same compassionate fashion that Whole Health offers help to those without means or ability to pay at our physical office, that gesture is extended to our affiliated treatment center partner’s clients, ensuring all patients have a chance to be healthy and recover from their addiction. This program offers an ethical and compliant cost reduction program for treatment centers that also assists in helping to address the opioid epidemic by one of the most-experienced physicians and clinical staffs in South Florida.
The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in 2016 released their findings from 2015 that opioids killed more than 33,000 people. The CDC also reported that 1,000 people every day are treated in emergency departments for not using prescription opioids as directed. Our partnership program assists many in South Florida that have experienced these difficulties with prescription opioids. In working with treatment centers, as well as individual patients at our office, we are able to greatly expand the number of lives that we can benefit and hopefully save from this dreadful disease.
Dr. Michael Ligotti, D.O., Whole Health’s Founder, is double board-certified in Family Medicine and Addiction Medicine. Together with his recovery advocate team of physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and ancillary staff, Whole Health offers this program to neighboring treatment centers’ clients to not only focus on addiction treatment, but also the many health issues associated with drug and alcohol addiction, such as neglected preventative care and underlying diseases (sexually transmitted infections, hepatitis C, HIV, syphilis, etc.).
The integrative care by Dr. Michael Ligotti, D.O., (Whole Health’s Founder) with over a decade of addiction treatment experience, double board-certified in Family Medicine and Addiction Medicine and his team offer integrative care including Suboxone and MAT, specialized overall health and treatment for females including pregnant women, PAP smears, vaccinations, routine bloodwork and physical exams, STI’s, tuberculosis screening, hepatitis C, HIV, and the numerous psychiatric co-morbidities that frequently accompany substance use disorders, to name a few.
Whole Health is a responsible prescriber of MAT (Medication Assisted Treatment) products including Suboxone/Zubsolv/Bunavail/buprenorphine products, as well as naltrexone, and Vivitrol. These medications can be life-saving for patients struggling with addiction to opiates, alcohol, and other addictions.
Treatment Center Partnership Program
- Provision of services deemed necessary for compliance by JCAHO and DCF- including tuberculosis screening, flu shots and other vaccines, and comprehensive medical management. Treatment centers can be in full compliance!
- Screening physical exams and medical clearance for clients by an independent and objective physician (this documents that the patient is medically stable enough to be housed in your treatment center or sober living home and benefits/reduces your facility’s liability)
- General psychiatric care and/or medical directorship (if necessary or requested). We can also restrict services to strictly medical in scope and work alongside your current medical director.
- Diagnosis & management of acute and chronic disease processes such as diabetes, hypertension, sexually transmitted diseases, hepatitis C, etc. (documentation of these disorders assists in utilization review and the overall health and success of the patients)
- Urgent Care Services– clients have same-day access to medical care for any urgent issues and will never get a prescription for a substance they should not be taking, such as pain medicine, cough syrup, or addictive muscle relaxants that are prescribed by typical urgent care centers without a background in addiction medicine
- Women’s health services such as PAP smears, genital exams, vaccinations, medical and addiction care of pregnant women, STD screening and treatment, and initiation of birth control.
- Continuity of Care- When patients are discharged from treatment centers they will be able to seamlessly follow-up with Whole Health as established patients in a practice specializing in the care of patients in recovery.
- Compassionate care- We see patients in need regardless of insurance status or ability to pay. Appropriate medical care should not be reserved for the wealthy and well-insured!.
If you are interested in meeting with Dr. Ligotti to discuss the benefits of this program and how it will enhance your center and the medical care your clients receive, please contact Dr. Ligotti here.